Friday, July 27, 2012

Pictures Done!

*whew* Not only am I frantically trying to write, plan my son's 6th birthday party for tomorrow, get ready to have my 5 year old nephew visit all next week... it was time for my 8 year old daughter and I to get our pictures printed, mounted and turned in to the County Fair. It's a lot of fun to go see our pictures up with other amateur photogs from our area and since my girl doesn't like sports, it's a great way to make sure she has ribbons to save for her keepsake box. Plus, who knows where photography make take her in the future?

We each did four, and I thought I'd share them with you guys since someone told me I should post more pictures! You'll recognize one of mine. No, I did NOT share the type of story it inspired, lol.

Her four first, then mine.
Mountain to Mountain

Lazy Summer Day

Cat Tail (Fireworks)

Amethyst Flower




Going Down in Flames

Phoenix Fire

Entropy

Swirl



2 comments:

  1. Nice pics, Cia.
    I liked your daughter's better. Her pictures were more alive and she seems promising.
    BTW, can I see the cake too?
    I love birthdays because I can eat lotsa cake.

    Hope you're done with all your plans soon 'cause I can't wait to read about your alien vampires anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Some of my plans are done, some aren't. My girl takes a lot of 'silly' pictures, like ones of her dolls and the tv, or blurry ones. I'm constantly telling her move closer and farther away, take a pic from one direction and then the other, because she's still a bit too young to discuss aperture and depth of field.

      She does end up with some pretty good shots and I'm slowly teaching her editing software too. Her latest foray into editing options has been contrast. I swear the picture looks like a crayon drawing by the time she's done but I also taught her the 'save as' trick to preserve her original, lol.

      I'm still hoping to start posting Dade's story next week, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your next fix of my alien vampires, lol! Thanks for the comments, nostalgiclikeyou.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!