Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Briefs: Never More Lonely Part 5


So, there were several picture prompts again this week, as well as several line/word prompts. Since I love picture prompts I used one of those. For those who follow my pictures, yes the one I used is actually one of my pictures that I offered up as stock. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this week's prompt piece!



Never More Lonely Part 5


"What do you mean you have to go back?" My hands lower my camera from my face slowly. I'd been staring at a decaying cherub fountain, walking around it to get a good angle to show the curve of the cheek along with the slowly consuming moss.

I turn to stare at Cooper. He has his hands jammed into the pockets of my windbreaker. He scuffs one shoe through the damp grass.

"Well, I have to pack up my apartment and I should explain to my family exactly why I'm not coming back home. My parents know about my plans and are happy for me, but I need to say goodbye to Pete." Cooper’s shoulders slump when he says Pete’s name.

I rub the back of my neck. How can I argue with that? I know how important Pete is to him. He is part of the reason why I never thought Cooper would move.  "When do you think you will go?" I ask carefully. I really should have expected it, but for some reason, I wasn’t.

"I was thinking about going this weekend. The office is running and Jacob is going to take care of my duties for my week's leave."

A single month. That's all it had been and I was already so used to having Cooper living with me. The thought him being gone for a week is depressing. What will I do for a whole week without him to spend my evenings with?

"You said you're done with your job, right?" Cooper starts walking again and I follow him.

I am tucking my camera back into my bag. "Yeah," I say. I don't feel like taking pictures anymore.

He stops and turns to me. He puts on hand on my arm. "Come with me."

Blinking, I stare at him. "Go with you? To Australia?" I hadn't considered that.

"Sure. Why not? Your job is done, so you can afford to take some time off right? My company gets a discount on airfare so it's really not that expensive. I want you to see my home, Owen. I promised to take you to my favorite beach, remember?"

Impulsively, I agree. "Okay. Yeah, I'll go!" I've never gone anywhere. I'd gotten a passport last winter, just in case the chance ever came up to visit Cooper in Australia. I’d never gone anywhere outside the US before and this was my chance. The best part is that he will be coming back with me; it won’t be a short visit where I would have to leave him behind.

Cooper jumped at me and wrapped his arms around my neck. His giant grin lights up his eyes. "Awesome. I'm so excited now."

I lean my head down and capture his lips. They part and I slip my tongue into the warm heat of his mouth. I can taste the cherry Coke he'd been drinking as our tongues tangle. I pull back and he captures my lower lip in his teeth.

I groan and back him off the path into the grove of trees. His feet shuffle between mine as he refuses to let go of my mouth.

Our breath comes harshly through our noses as his back ends up against a tree.

"Oof." He finally lets go when our chests slam together. He has time for one breath before I surge forward and take his mouth again. I put one of my hands behind his head to protect it from the rough bark and to hold him in place.  One of his hands creeps between us and over the bulge testing my zipper's strength.

"We are too far from home," he says with a groan. The palm of his hand rubs against the head of my erection. I feel like I can’t breathe.

"Fuck." I draw the word out as he nips at my neck.

"Have you taken," he tugs on my ear with his teeth, "enough pictures?"

"Unngh." Words completely fail me. I nod.

Cooper laughs and I shudder. His fingers slip into my front pocket. "I think I better drive," he says.

***

My boss had no problem when I arranged for a week's vacation. My next big project was starting after I got back, so it was actually perfect timing.

I insisted we get to the airport three hours early. I'm not surprised when I get picked to go through the screeners.

"I bet you're glad I insisted we come early now," I say to Cooper as he waits for me. He shrugs. He was dressed casually; he was hot in his suits but something about the way his tight t-shirt fit to his chest made my fingers itch to caress him. I resist the urge to molest him in public, but barely. The flight was going to be really long but we have first class tickets.

It's been years since I flew and I'd never been in first class. "This is nice."

Cooper takes my hand. "It is."

***

I'm not quite sure what I expected, but Cooper's dad isn't anything like him. Large and gruff, his accent is even more pronounced. He got most of his looks from his mom.

Not quite sure what I expected, but the city looked just like ... a city. I was cold, the weather is chillier than I am used to considering it is heading into winter and back home it is early summer. Needing a jacket in June is definitely a first for me. Our first two days were spent packing.

Tuesday morning I wake up and Cooper wasn't in bed. I get up and go looking for him, wending my way through the boxes littering the hall. There's a light on in the kitchen.

Cooper's sitting at the table, his head in his hands. I crouch down beside him and put my hand on his back.

"You okay?"

His eyes had dark circles under them. "I don't know what I'm going to say to Pete."

TBC

I hope you enjoyed that little hitch at the end... more to come next week! (Yes, I know I'm evil! Muahahaha) Don't forget to check out the other Wednesday Briefers and their great stories!

Sara York     m/m
LM Brown    m/m
MA Church     m/m
Nephylim     m/m
Michael Mandrake     m/m
Tali      m/m
Lily Sawyer      m/m  
 

4 comments:

  1. I am most definitely curious about Pete. Cooper is clearly struggling with this and I suspect more surprises are in store. Oz is the perfect place for surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete... he's a mystery! For now, lol. You'll find out more next week, I promise. :D Thanks for reading Tali!

      Delete
  2. This story gets more interesting all the time. I can't wait to find out what kind of hold Pete has on Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cliffgirl! I'm so glad you think so. I'm trying to keep it interesting! Modern isn't really my forte. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!