Friday, July 5, 2013

Weekly Review: Close Enough to Human by Brenna Lyons

Close Enough to Human (Xxan War #1)Close Enough to Human by Brenna Lyons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read Close Enough to Human quite a while back. Yes, it's MF, not MM like I mostly review, but this series is absolutely amazing. I first read the short story that I found free from Brenna's website, 'Homecoming' and needing to know who the characters were. I bought this eBook, then the 'prequel' that was available. I was a tad disappointed by the reverse storylines (the author has several generations to write) but I think the other stories, since the characters from those aren't very fleshed out in this eBook, and the others I've read, will still be quite interesting.

Okay, on to my thoughts for Close Enough to Human. First off, I relished the alien/human interaction which had several layers of complexity based on the conflicting species and customs. Add in that there are some of the Xxan (the ones featured) that aren't quite 'with the homeworld' anymore and we see quite the mix of attitudes.

The Xxan aliens have a rigid social hierarchy. They're lizard like species with some serious dominance vibes, so alpha male story loves, these are right up your alley. But ... in this story, we're not seeing a fully adult male Xxan, we get a Xxan/human hybrid! He's a mix with some very interesting quirks, one of which is the need to bind a female to him.

The female in question? Miri ... a human/Xxan hybrid raised, if you can call it that, and Aleeks certainly doesn't, by the Xxan. There are plots afoot that erupt during a peace conference and, in the course of his duty, he has to find out exactly what Miri knows about it. In the midst of this drama she matures and she needs Aleeks and BOTH of his cocks. Yep, both.

Have I intrigued you yet? I hope I have, because dayum! This is a great story, and an engrossing series I'm constantly googling to make sure I haven't missed an update. Check it out today, because it definitely earns all 5 of the 5 stars I gave it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!