Monday, April 17, 2017

5 Stars for Rising Beauty, Book 3 in the Cubi series by Meraki P. Lyhne


Length: 250 Pages
Genre: Paranormal, Incubus, MMM
Find it at: Amazon 

My Review:
If you've read the first two books in the Cubi series, you will be thrilled with the story in Book Three! If you haven't bought this book yet, what are you waiting for? I see so much of the underpinning themes and ideas that I want to know how the plots from series books all fit together immediately, which colored my read from book one. Fortunately, Meraki P. Lyhne, is whipping out the Cubi series so now, while I am left with questions unanswered in each book, I know they are coming!

Finally, the hints from book one are coming back into the plot in Rising Beauty.  The title, "Rising Beauty" perfectly describes the storyline in this third installment that takes place right after Claimed Beauty leaves off. We've learned about the Cubi society and Daniel's place in it with Untouchable Beauty. We get to see a big shift in his place in that society and his relationship with Seldon in Claimed Beauty. In Rising Beauty, we get to see Daniel's evolution both as a Cubi and a leader, as well as a partner in his relationship with Seldon. But so much story goes into that evolution from book one to three that the author has truly sucked me in as a reader, creating a vivid world with compelling characters I can't help but cheer for, despite very complex feelings about them at the same time.

Rising Beauty brings back that pivotal element from book one that I just knew needed to be explored--the slave brought back the same time Daniel was taken--and he throws their whole system into chaos. Just like with any society, there are politics at work and conflicts arising from that, both personal and public, that kept me flipping pages long after I should've been asleep. The story ends with the characters thrust into a whole new world with struggles to face that seem almost unsurmountable. That might seem vague, but to tell you more might reveal too much, and I would never want to mar the enjoyment a reader has exploring the Cubi world in each book.

As always, once I read 'The End' I was left with a burning need to know what is going to happen next.... Will Daniel live up to his role in the Cubi society, even as it changes for the first time in an untold number of years? Will the Cubi survive? I can't wait to find out!

Where can you find more by Meraki P. Lyhne?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!