Friday, December 20, 2013

Weekly Review: Let It Snow by Heidi Cullinan

Let It SnowLet It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked Let It Snow. The character dynamics was interesting. I always enjoy a good bear/twink story. I liked Frankie's spunky nature. He was quirky enough to stand out, and I liked his spunky attitude when he was upset by Marcus' behavior.

Marcus' actions were harder for me to accept. He didn't feel quite 'real' to me. His friends, Arthur and Paul, felt like an irritation to me instead of an interesting sub-plot element. The lack of privacy was really creepy.

The whole trip to the beauty salon was very sweet. I've worked in places like that and it felt real. Contrasting the small town acceptance with the scene in the rundown tenements was a good move to highlight the fears Frankie had from his history living in one.

Overall, I liked the story, especially the sweet ending. I just wish it had stood out more; I finished this feeling like I'd read the story before because it was a very common plot type.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!