Friday, November 21, 2014

eBook Review: Blue Mountain by Cardeno C.

Blue Mountain (Pack, #1)Blue Mountain by Cardeno C.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cardeno does dominant alpha men with smaller partners well, and I always like that dynamic. The hurt/comfort aspects of the stories are also ones that suck me in, if for nothing more than the fluffy warm endings. It works well with contemporary stories when you are looking to bond with characters and their stories, and that's the main gist of the plot. But when an author writes paranormal, I want paranormal. I expect something interesting and original.

Blue Mountain didn't deliver that.

I could name, without even thinking hard, at least 3 other books in the genre that follow this same exact same pattern--alpha male finds trespassing non-dominant male who's been abused/living as an outcast/rogue, takes him in and 'tames' him, and they end up as mates. The paranormal aspect of the wolves was run of the mill as well. There were no interesting twists or special aspects to the wolves in either animal or human form.

I don't regret buying the book, and I did finish it, but I'll be thinking long and hard about if the sequel will be worth taking a look at.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!