Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Books: A Lost Love?


Now, I saw this video and it brought to mind a few thoughts. One: Books dancing can be cute; I liked the black and white couple the most. Two: Books do sort of have a life of their own. I think that in this day of e-readers, we have lost a little something by the move to a digital format.

I have a Kindle and when you read as much as I do, the instant gratification of dowloading an ebook is great. Have now-Yay! But I can't think of a single ebook I will be able to touch and feel and pass on to my kids. I have books I read as a girl that I've saved for my son and daughter, their worth enhanced by the yellow pages, dog ears, and frayed covers. You can see my love of them just by looking.

So, while I enjoy my Kindle I don't think I'll ever give up my love of browsing the bookstore and finding well loved books to bring home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!